Cookie Cupcakes - includes recipe

 I wanted to make some cupcakes but wanted to try something slightly different then my go to vanilla cupcakes so I decided to make some that would hopefully taste a bit like cookies.

I pretty much used my basic recipe but replaced the caster sugar with light brown sugar and added chocolate chips. 

I just shoved all of the basic ingredients in a bow and mixed them. I know some recipes say to mix together certain ingredients first but to me it doesn't really make a difference to the outcome with these. I added the vanilla flavouring and chocolate chips after everything else was mixed.

I hate when cookies and cakes only have a few chocolate chips so I made sure I put in plenty.  The recipe makes a small batch of cupcakes. I use the larger cupcake cases and it makes 6 if you were to use the smaller fairy cake cases it would obviously make more.


After they had cooked they had that cookie look to them which was what I was going for. 
Once cooled I decorated them really simply by adding a swirl of chocolate frosting and a mini Maryland cookie on top. A very simple recipe and design but very yummy to. I was very happy with how they turned out and how they tasted. 


If you would like to try them yourself here is the info

Recipe
  • 100g self raising flour
  • 100g light brown sugar
  • 100g marge
  • 1 large egg
  • vanilla flavouring 
  • 100g chocolate chips
Method
  1. mix flour, sugar, marge and egg
  2. add vanilla and mix
  3. mix in chocolate chips
  4. split between 6 large cupcake cases
  5. bake for 20-25 minutes at 190*C/Gas5
  6. leave to cool
  7. pipe a swirl of chocolate frosting
  8. top with a mini cookie
  9. ENJOY!

If you do end up making them feel free to let me know what you thought of them.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...