Making A Light Using A Broken PS2 Controller

 I had a PS2 controller that no longer worked and rather then just chucking it away I thought I would do something with it. It was a clear one so my first thought was to put some lights inside it to create a nice lamp and that's exactly what I did.


The first thing I did was open it up and take out everything that was inside. You need a really small screwdriver for some parts but overall this was very easy to do. The next important thing to do is clean it, you wouldn't believe how much dust hides in these things.

Once dry I glued the buttons back in place as now the insides were out there was nothing to hold them in place. I then took a pack of battery powered micro lights and tried to spread them out as evenly as possible and closed up the controller and screwed it back up with the wire to the battery pack coming out of the hole the controller wire would normally be. I then used some velcro to attach the battery pack to the back of the controller for easy access. I put in batteries and my light was complete.


 It was such a simple project but it came out so good, I love it and it looks so much better in the dark. If my clear N64 controller ever breaks I know what I will be doing to it.

Hope this inspires you to upcycle old broken tech.

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...