Disney Crochet Kit

 Before starting this kit I could do the basics of crochet, chain, single & double crochet and that is it. I could make a simple granny square and crochet pop tabs together but never tried anything like making teddies or plushies. I learn best by studying the way something looks and working out how to make it or from visually seeing something being made that's why I've never tries to follow a written pattern before. I thought I would find it too confusing so let's see how I got on with this kit.


The kit includes everything needed to make your plushies (not all shown in the picture). A lot of kits will have small writing somewhere with the disclaimer that you only have enough for one of the characters on the box like a lucky dip sort of thing so you don't know what one you will be getting but this one had everything for both characters. 

The kit was £3.99 from Aldi, it is also available in other stores like The Range. They also had Simba and a couple of Toy Story ones.

It included written instructions, yarn, stuffing, crochet hook and needle. 

For a newbie the pattern looked a bit intimidating but it was really simple to follow. There were diagrams showing you how to do each of the stitches needed to make the project which was good for me. It takes you through what you need to do in every row and tells you how many stitches you should have at the end of every row so it is easy to pick up if you made a mistake.

These are small characters so making the arms, legs and ears got a bit fiddly as there wasn't much to hold on to but after you complete the first one you get into a rhythm and it gets easier.

I made these slowly doing a bit here and there between other projects and when they were finally finished I couldn't have been happier.


 They aren't perfect but they are good enough for me. It was my first go at something like this and I think I did rather well.

Good points about the kit

  • Everything you need is included
  • Plenty spear yarn just in case you make a mistake
  • Diagrams teaching you the stitches
  • Simple pattern
Bad Points about the kit

  • There is a small mistake in 2 lines of the pattern where it says to increase but it is meant to be decrease.
  • Timons hair is the wrong colour (just me being picky)

Overall I think these kits are great, I may have to try more. You can keep the pattern and make more and gift them too which is nice though the kit itself would also make a great gift.


That's all I have to say on this kit. I hope you enjoyed it.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...