Knitting hats for winter already.

 Knitting is another craft I have tried my hand at and at the moment I can only cast on/off and know the basic knit/purl stitches. That's enough for me to have been able to make basic scarfs, socks and hats.

I find the hats really relaxing to make as you don't have to think about it too much. At the end of last year I knitted myself a hat inspired by Rainbow Road from Mari Kart. I added some cross stitch elements to it as I have now idea how to do knitted patterns in hats but I quite like how it turned out. The cross stitch looks quite good with the knitting I think.


I have decided I want to make more with different designs but instead of rushing to make them later I have already started on them. I have a few ideas for designs I want to do already. The hats will be made first then I will add the cross stitch elements later. 
The easiest way for me to make a hat is with circular needles, I haven't tried any other way but the circular needles make it so simple I don't think I need to try another way. I am a slow knitter which is another reason I needed to start working on these early plus I have a lot of other projects going on at the same time.
I have so far finished knitting 3 hats.


The top one will be another Rainbow Road one and the other 2 will be Labyrinth themed. Most of the ones I make will be gamer themed. Cross stitching and retro game graphics go hand in hand in my world. You will have to wait and see what other ones I make. No spoilers here.
Though the cross stitch parts wont be made yet I wanted to show a glimpse of what the Labyrinth one would look like so I have added digital pixel art to the picture. The sizing of the pixel art might not be exact but you get the idea.


The pom poms are my favourite thing to make on these, they are so fluffy. An update on the hat collection will be on here some time in the future but don't hold your breath for it, slow knitter here remember.

Until then 
Happy Crafting!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...