Pressing A Rainbow Rose

 On Valentine's Day I got a single rainbow rose. I managed to keep it alive for a good few weeks.

I thought it was way too pretty to throw away when it did start dying so I decided to use my flower press to try and preserve it. I had never pressed a rose before so I wasn't sure if it would work but I decided to give it a go anyway.

It's nothing fancy, just a simple small press but it does the job. The rose just about fir in it. It was a bit fiddly spreading out the petals and getting it nice and flat. I put it away to dry out and I was meant to check it a few days later but just like always I totally forgot about it. A few weeks later I finally remembered.

Opening it up I was surprised how colourful it still it was. I knew it wasn't going to be the same as when I put it in the press but I was happy with how it was looking. The next thing I was worried about was it staying in one piece when I fully took. it out of the press.

I very slowly took the flower out and placed it in a floating frame. I am very satisfied with how it turned out and I might try pressing flowers more often, I just need to remember to check on them.

I may have to start a scrap book for the pressed flowers as framing each one will take up too much space but that's for another time.

Happy Crafting!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...