Ice Cream Sundae Candle Kit


 I have had this kit stuck in a drawer for a few years and never got round to trying until now. I got it from The Range for £5, it was on sale and I think the original price was £10. It makes one ice cream sundae candle. There were four different types and  you don't know what one you get until you opened it.


Like the box says it's a base kit but I didn't expect it to be that basic. You get wax, 1 wax dye, 1 scent, one glass jar, a wick and instructions. So clearly you are going to need extra to make them look anything like what's in the pictures. I'm glad I got this on offer because I don't think its worth £10.

I melted some of the wax and colouring to make a pink base. The colour was quite hard to melt and took quite a while to mixed in with the wax. I then made the white cream style topping buy melting the wax and stirring it until it was a whipped cream consistency and scooped it on top.

The instructions say to use strawberry scent for the base and vanilla for the top but they only give you one sent which was strawberry so I used that for both. It also gives you ideas to decorate it but again you will need different dyes and stuff.

Here is what mine came out like.


The top came out looking like mash potato. I was going to melt a bit more wax with the dye to drizzle on top to look a sauce but because it takes ages for the dye to melt I decided not to. It looks pretty rubbish but it does smell nice. 

Craft kits are great gifts for people or nice things to get yourself to try a new craft but I don't think this is one of them. You need too much extra to make it look decent. You get given way too much of the scent so they could have added 2 different smaller bottles instead. You also get a lot of wax and maybe a few smaller bags of different colour wax might have been better then the one large bag and the hard to melt dye. That's my opinion on it anyway. I think these kits are good to try new crafts but if you need to buy quite a few extra supplies to finish the project I think it makes it pointless, you might as well just got out and buy the basics yourself.

I don't think candle making is for me, I might try a different kit in the future but I doubt that will be anytime soon.

Have you been disappointed in a craft kit before?

That's enough moaning from me

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...