Crochet Wonky Witch Hat Tutorial

I needed to get back in to doing tutorials for my YouTube channel and with autumn on the way, what better way to start again then with a crochet witches hat. I made a mock up of a hat which was fine, just a classic straight line hat but I wanted the one for the tutorial different from others that are out there so I moved the increase stitches about to create a wonky look. It took a bit of testing and frogging to get the style right but I came up with a pattern and I'm happy with it.

I chose a nice variated yarn, it says its aran but is more like dk yarn, I used one and a half balls of yarn so roughly 150g. The hat goes wonky from start so you can see it taking shape straight away.

My full pattern is on my Ko-fi page for you to download for free. The finished hat fits an adult but you can just stop a few rows sooner for it to fit a child. It's a really simple pattern that's made up of mainly half double crochet with afew chain and slip stitches too.

The hat can be worn sticking up but the point can also be flopped over for a more slouchy look.


And that's my wonky witch hat, I will be doing a tutorial for the straight line hat also. I will do another post when that's done but until then here is the tutorial for the wonky one.


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...