The C word!

 That's right we are in the middle of a heatwave and the Christmas designing has started.

I had a couple of ideas for Christmas cards so I thought why not make a start. Last year I painted my own cards and was looking to do it again. I couldn't be bothered getting my paints out so decided to do some digital mock ups and because it's me I did them pixelated.

Unlike most of my stuff these ones aren't gamer themed but are inspired by Studio Ghibli.

I did use inspiration for both designs I made from one of my Christmas t-shirt designs I made last year.

The Christmas tree and fireplace feature in the new designs.

The first one is the tree with added tree spirits.

Then I wanted to do something with soot sprites and where would the best place for them to hang out? Well a fireplace of course so that's how this design came about.
Theses are just rough mock ups. I'm definitely not happy with the quality of the tree spirits, they need to be cleaned up a bit and backgrounds and stuff need to be added. I'm thinking about getting these printed onto cards rather then me painting them and I might even use them as t-shirt designs depending on how many ideas I come up with as I am sure there will be more before the run up to Christmas starts.

That's all for now sorry for bringing up the C word so early but I couldn't wait to share the designs.

Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...