Crochet Window Net

 I am attempting to make a crochet net for a window. This isn't going to be any normal net, it's horror themed. More specifically it's going to feature Ghostface from the Scream movies.

I will be making it using the trusty fillet stitch. Just a nice simple design using just chain and double crochet stitches, it's quite large though so it is going to take a while to make.

This is the design I have came up with for the net.


I think once I get going it will start working up quickly. Just got to get the ball rolling with the first few rows, once they are done it gets easier. It's the counting on those first two rows that always trips me up so if I make it through them I'm normally ok with the rest. Occasionally I make a mistake and don't notice till a couple of rows later and I have to undo those rows and do them again which is very annoying. It normally happens at least once in each big project but lets see how I get on with this one.

So this is going to take longer then I initially thought. It's quite a wide project which I knew but not used to so I didn't really take that in to account. So far I have done 30 rows and I was right, the first few did take the longest. I was very cautious in those few rows as its much longer then I am used to it would be easy for me to miscount the stitches and I didn't want to make a mistake that early and have to undo loads of rows.  That would have annoyed me so much I probably would have abandoned the project completely.
This is what it looks like 30 rows in and there's just another 85 to go.


So some time has passed and I have now completed it. It did start to work up a lot quicker once I got passed the eyes, there was a lot less stop and start in the changing of the stitches. The first few rows of the lettering did slow me down a bit again but once the letters had been started it was easy to see where things needed to go so I didn't have to count every single stitch, I could just see where the next one needed to be. 
So here it is the finished project hanging in the window.


So that's it, all done and happy in it's new home. Now it's on to the next project whatever that may be.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...