Simple Home Made Ice Cream

Want to make delicious ice cream at home but don't have an ice cream maker? No problem there's a simple way to make your own and the base is made up of only 3 ingredients. The only thing you have to worry about is what flavour you want to make first. So get your ingredients ready because its time to make some ice cream.


 This recipe is very simple but I did make one mistake which I will tell you about so you don't do the same. This ice cream can make so many different varieties so you can make it over and over again and have different flavours each time.

To start you need to whisk the double cream until it reaches the soft peak stage. Fold in the icing sugar and evaporated milk until it's all combined and that's it, that's the base done.

You can then and any flavouring or colour. 

It was at this point I added some swirls of strawberry and Slush Puppie sauce and crumbled up chocolate flake but it just sunk to the bottom. What I should have done was put the mixture in the freezer for about 30 minutes to stiffen slightly then add the sauce and such and give it a bit of a mix.

I then separated it in to some smaller containers, you can add more toppings here if you like. then I popped them in the freezer. They take about 7 hours to set and there you have your home made ice cream.

Mine were both vanilla flavoured and I used different desert sauces in each and it tasted so good I will definitely be making this my go to ice cream recipe.

I recommend giving this a go, you wont regret it.

Happy Crafting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...