Using Up My Stash

 Like a lot of crafters I have so many craft supplies that need to be used and that includes a hell of a lot of yarn. There was a lot of half used balls and smaller balls of random colours that were too small to use in any other project so I decided to use up my yarn stash on a project to brighten up one of my cupboards.


It's a fairly large storage cupboard but it's not overly tall, you need to crawl to get into it. The carpet in there is rubbish as you can see but and it's a private rented property I'm not spending my money replacing it so I planned on making a large scrap blanket to put in there to make it look more cosy. 

The simplest scrap blanket I could think of was a simple granny square blanket. So I used up my stash to make multiple different coloured granny squares and sewed them together.


 It worked up quickly and I was surprised I liked the way the random colours looked together as I never liked the idea of a scrap blanket. The idea of so many random colourways being put together just didn't seem right but I love the way it looks and might make a crap C2C blanket next time I need to de-stash.

The blanket needed to have one more row of squares to fit perfect but I was adding storage to the back which covers up the gap anyway so I didn't bother adding another row.

It was just a simple project but it makes a big difference to the look of the cupboard and I am glad I did it.

Do you think this idea works or was a waste of time?

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...