Crochet Hexagon Cardigan

 I thought I would have a go at crocheting a cardigan. There's a really simple one that's rather popular at the moment that I decided to have a go at. It's called a hexagon cardigan, it's very beginner friendly. All you need to do is crochet 2 large hexagons and attach them together.

I had this lacey yarn for a while and decided to use that to make a light cardigan. 

The great thing about this style of cardigan is it can be made with pretty much any type of yarn to create cardigans for different occasions all made the exact same way. While making this I also made one using 2 strands of dk yarn at the same time to make a nice chunky warm cardigan.

Back to the actual making of the cardigan. all you do is make a granny square but with six points to make it into a hexagon. because you care making it like a granny square the hexagon does not lay flat but don't worry its not meant to. You can make it as big as you want depending on how baggy you want it. 


Once you have made a large hexagon fold it in half so the corners line up and it should make a upside-down L shape and that's half the cardigan done so then you need to make another the same size and attach them together.


You can add length to the arms or body by adding more rounds to it. There's no way I can accurately describe the prosses of making one so I do have a tutorial on my YouTube channel that might be a bit more helpful.


 This is my completed cardigan, I made it quite long and I love it and my chunky one I made. I can't wait to make more.


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...