Crochet Tablet Sleeve

 I brought a new tablet and so I needed a new cover too. All the ones I liked were out of stock so I decided to get a plain black one. I don't like plain accessories so I brought it with the intension of decorating it to make it more unique.

What I eventually want to do is make a granny square cover and sew it on the plain cover but I want to do that using thin thread so it's micro crochet granny squares. This is going to take quite a while so until that is completed I am going to make a simple granny square envelope sleeve. It's a really simple project and works up quick so it's perfect until I complete the proper cover.

I hadn't planned on buying yarn for it so I went though my stash to see what I had. I found a ball of Marriner Mermaid DK yarn so decided to use that. I only have one ball of it so couldn't use it for any big projects and the company that made it has gone out of business therefore it would be harder to find more so it seemed perfect for this project and it looks very pretty.

So to start I am just making a large basic granny square, nothing special, just need it big enough to cover the case. I will be using the appropriate 4mm hook with the yarn.

Once it is the right size I will fold over 3 of the corners so they meet in the middle and will sew the edges together so they stay in place and it will look like an envelope and the only thing left to do after that is add a button so the 4th corner can be folded down and secured and that will act as the opening flap.

I ran out of the colourful yarn before it had got to the size needed so I finished it with a couple of rows of black, I should probably just have done the one row as it ended yo a tad big but its better being slightly big then it being too small.

These simple granny square envelopes work for so many different storage ideas. They can be made into bags, you can make them any size to fit anything you want. I've made a small one that's only a couple of inches tall that I keep my headphones in.


Depending on the style yarn you use they can really come out looking totally different. You can make them the exact same way but the texture and colour can really alter the way it looks.
This is a nice and easy project to try if you are a beginner at crochet and if you need to know how to make a granny square I have a tutorial for that.


So have fun making your own and trying out different colour combinations and yarns to create your own look.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...