Books, Books And More Books

 At the beginning of the year I had a go at designing low content books to be sold via Amazon KDP. 

How it works: You design a cover and interior of a book like a notebook or planner, upload it through Amazon KDP and it gets listed on Amazon and people can buy it. The books are printed to order by Amazon. After designing the rest is left to Amazon though you may want to advertise your book and share it on socials to get noticed as it's a very saturated market and it's hard to get your books seen. You choose how much profit from each book you get by setting the price. You can also buy the books yourself at cost if you wish to sell them yourself through other means.

My account got suspended over a tiny issue with one of the covers because I made a YouTube planner. Their customer service is just bots, they aren't helpful and give you no information. Other people get their account suspended though silly things like repeated words in titles/descriptions, others just don't get a proper reason just they "they broke the rules" and they aren't more specific when you appeal, the few real people that answer (if you're lucky enough to get passed on to a real person) don't seem to know either. I enjoyed designing so I looked for alternatives that's when I found Lulu and I carried on my books there. 

They work similar but are different, there's pros and cons for both, I will make another post comparing them both.

My first order from Lulu of some of my books arrived this week, 3 colouring books and a recipe book.

I have designed over 70 and more are in the works. If you would like to check them out I will leave the link below. There's planners, journals, notebooks, mood trackers, dream journals, colouring books, sketch books and more.

www.retrofaeriebooks.weebly.com

I have books from both Amazon and Lulu so I will compare both the print quality and process of both of them.

Until then,

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to me and my blog!

 Hi! I'm Kelly, a crafter and artist. I have been making things since I can remember. I have tried my hand at quite a few different craf...